So, it looks like for the remainder of the summer, Caleb will be working the Graveyard shift at his job. First of all, this is a true blessing in a lot of ways. Caleb will be getting paid almost double what he makes during the day, because he will always be working on the freeway, which is federal pay. Because of the medical bills we are going to have to pay, this is great!The not so great thing is, the work isn't quite as consistent. Things can change at the drop of a hat. If they decide to shut down the job early for any reason, Caleb doesn't get as many hours.
I will be the first to admit, that this is going to take me some time to get used to him being gone at night again. This was the reason we got our first cat, and now that we can't have the cats with us all the time, it's going to be tough on me again. But knowing that I trust the people we are renting from is a great comfort, because I could have the neighbor check out something if I hear it. They are great that way. I don't think I will really need him too, but it's nice to know that I could if it was greatly needed.
This is a good thing! It will really help us if Caleb can get the work consistently. If not, then he may switch back to days. We shall see. I will adjust, so I'm not worried about me. :) I just pray that we are able to catch up on things!



1 comment:
That's awesome that he can make so much more at night. It definitely would take some getting used to, but like you said, will help catch up. Hope all goes well!
Post a Comment