Sunday, August 1, 2010

Turning 25

So, today is my birthday, and I have a lot of feelings about it, not all of them positive. But I have to start off by saying, that I am happy where I am at in my life, even though it is different than I thought it would be.
A lot of my friends thought I would be the first one married and starting my family. Little did I know then, that I wouldn't get married until I was 22, and at 25 still have not started our family. For me, this isn't necessarily a bad thing. Yes, I feel ready to start my family. But we are on different adventures now, and I am excited for those.
I thought I would be in a house by now, and we are in the process of that. Still haven't heard anything on the townhouse, but the real estate agent in charge of the property is saying that the bank that owns it is dragging their feet. We are going to be putting in an offer on a condo in Provo! We walked into this condo and felt right at home. A condo isn't my first choice, but this condo is 1100 square feet, and it feels homey, so I will keep you updated about that!
My plan was always to go back to school. I have yet to do that at this point, but I am happy about that. I never thought I would love doing hair like I do!
All in all, I am truly excited for what this next year will entail. It will be wonderful!

1 comment:

Beth said...

Happy Birthday Shala! Enjoy life, each and every little moment! You'll look back at these days with happy memories! <3