So, for those of you who haven't heard, our pregnant neighbor upstairs is allergic to our cats. She had never been around cats, so they didn't know. Sunday night they asked us to get rid of our cats.
I did nothing but cry Sunday night, and snuggle my furry babies. I was so devastated. These cats are my children, and I knew I couldn't truly give them up. So, I did the next best thing. I called both mine and Caleb's parents, and made arrangements for them to stay with their "grandparents" until we have an opportunity to move. That's helped me calm down a little bit.
Tuesday night when we had to drop them off, I did pretty good until we pulled away from each house. I just cried. I didn't know what else to do, buy I felt like I was leaving a big part of me behind at each house. But once we were home that night, Caleb and I both heard a little jingle, as if one of the cats was coming to greet us. That's when I truly lost it.
I called each place yesterday to check in on them. Jethro is doing pretty well. He is mostly exploring, but he has always been a good hider when he doesn't want to be bothered. I think my mom will enjoy having a kitty friend around again.
Jewel on the other hand was having a tougher time of it. The first night she was angry, and was hissing at everyone and everything. She even swatted at my mother in law. I was stuck at work, so I sent Caleb down to visit Jewel. She cane right out to him, and he helped Jewel remember my mother in law and let her know that my mother in law wasn't the bad guy.
Because of that, I decided to check in on both of them today. Jewel is doing much better and even playing with my mother in law, and Jethro is still just being himself and adjusting well.
Me on the other hand, I randomly break down, just like I am writing this post. I truly feel lie I have given up my children. Yes, it is only temporary, but it is still much longer than I ever wanted. There is no way I can bring them back to me until we move, because I can't afford the food that helps with the cat dander so people don't have reactions to them. So, for now, I feel like my children are gone, and I am very lonely, so I have to keep busy an distract myself to keep from thinking about it.
Sorry this post was so long, I just really needed to get it all out. And I know that cats aren't kids, but they sure feel like kids when you don't have kids. I know some of you will understand that.
Thursday, March 10, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Ahh, I'm sorry Shala! :( I hope you get to move soon? So you can reunite your family! You are such a wonderful girl! I love ya!
Dang that! I'm sorry you don't have your kitties with you. We had to leave our doggies for about 6 weeks when we moved to IL from UT because we were homeless. It was really hard, but once you have a firm plan and target date to get them back, it makes it easier. At least they have a good home right now. I KNOW your mom will take good care of Jethro!
Post a Comment