Saturday, March 27, 2010

Caleb's Birthday Weekend

So, 26 years ago my wonderful husband came to this earth, and we like to do something special for each other on our birthdays. This year, we went to Salt Lake, and stayed at the Anniversary Inn. We love staying there. We always have a great time there. We watched The Blind Side in our room, and got a good chance to relax.
The big event of the day, was a Grizzlies Hockey Game. Caleb LOVES hockey, so I decided to go to a game, since that's what we did for his birthday last year. Coincidentally, they were playing the same team as last year, the Bakersfield Condors.

Our section won these foam fingers, and we couldn't help but laugh at it! It makes me wonder if people had really done it! :)
And because I love this guy so much, I spoiled him a little bit, and splurged for more expensive seats.
Here is where we sat. We were six rows back from the glass. They were GREAT seats! I only wish that the Grizzlies would have held onto their lead, and won the game. The Condors won in Overtime, and then we went back to our hotel room, and got some sleep.
Tonight we decided that we wanted to go out, so we went and got Noodles and Company for dinner. Then we went Bowling!
YaY for Miracle Bowl! We love it there! It's a great atmosphere. We had Scottie join us, and we had a BLAST!
I'm so glad Scottie is home, and that he still wants to hang with us, even though we are the old married couple now!
Happy Birthday Caleb! I hope that you had a great one! It was a great one for me!

2 comments:

Jake, Megan, Ryder, Emma and Tessa said...

Hey Shala! Looks like a totally fun weekend!! I still can't believe Scottie is old enough to be a returned missionary! that is crazy! You look so cute in that picture! :)

Shae Mickey said...

Thanks Meggie!